#14 Skillet

Luther Lawrence

Hello everyone. New to site. I need to ask some questions about a unmarked number 14 skillet I saved from the scrap yard. The question is, is it yard art or can it be saved. Also, not sure what unbroken ring means. This has a heat ring around the bottom but there are 3 notches in the ring. So, does that make this a broken heat ring? The main problem with it, is there is very light rust pitting all over the bottom. Is it salvageable or is yard art only? I have pictures but it says file is to large, not sure what to do to post them. If I can at all. The lite pitting is the only problem. Toss with the rest of the yard art or take it back to be recycled?

Probably a Lodge. Would really need to see to assess if it can be restored. You can often email a photo to yourself and the app or email program will offer to make the file smaller.

My Android phone and PC Thunderbird email client both offer to resize large file size photos smaller for easier emailing, no zipping involved. If using a camera phone, you can alternately temporarily reset the image size the camera records to something in the 1 or 2 megapixel range.

Back