BSR Dutch Oven

A.Jackson

I have this BSR No10 DO with Lid that I got in horrible shape. I've stripped in the e-tank and seasoned it 4 times in the oven. The bail is intact but bent and I'm not entirely sure what to do about that...not sure if it can be bent back safely or not (if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know).

I've been cleaning with the intent to sell some, just haven't got around to listing them until now. So I may be posting several with suggested pricing. I will look at sold ebay listings for an idea but the bigger pieces, like this DO, I may list locally on FB marketplace.

So, based on the attached pictures, what do you think a fair asking price would be?

Thanks in advanced!

Amanda

Attachments

• DO-bottom.png
    DO-bottom.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • DO-lid1.png
    DO-lid1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • DO-lid2.png
    DO-lid2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • DO-top.png
    DO-top.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Alongside my house, there is a metal pipe fencepost that was left in place when a new fence was built. I have used it to re-form bent bails. With the bottom of the pot facing me, I slip the bail over the post. Holding the handle ends (not the pot ears), I pull on the bail against the post, starting with the flattened areas and working my way around it to bring it back to a uniform curvature. A bench vise with a piece of two inch pipe held vertically might be another way to go about this.

Back