Help with dating Cousances, unmarked Wagner, Griswold

I inherited these pans from my great grandmother and was hoping to get some more information on them! Thank you

- Oval pot with lid #6 bottom reads Cousances France

-#10 (faded small) Griswold marker ERIE, PA 716

-11 3/4 INCH SKILLET

Attachments

• IMG_8420.jpeg
    IMG_8420.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8423.jpeg
    IMG_8423.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8428.jpeg
    IMG_8428.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8425.jpeg
    IMG_8425.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 10
It's quite unusual for a pan to have markings worn off or "faded". Perhaps it's just the way the markings are filled with build-up, or perhaps the oblique angle and the lighting just makes it look that way. Here are some website articles on identifying the time period in which a particular manufacturer's markings fell. And another on IDing unmarked pieces. The Cousances is not really in the realm of collectible cast iron, so not much to add there.

Thanks for the response. Yes, faded wasn’t the correct term, they just don’t show well on camera and are worn / have build up. They’ve been heavily used for many years (they’ve been around my grandmothers entire life and she’s in her 80s) and are in need of seasoning.

That’s too bad about the Cousances, I did my best to search online but could find very little about them and had hoped someone here might know more.

I do believe, based on what I read here, the other two are 1930s-1940s, but had hoped someone else might have more information.

Back