ID unmarked deep skillet/chicken fryer?

KelliL

I can find no markings on this, but it’s in great condition, and the seasoning has already passed my fried egg test, lol. Gifted to me by a 92-year-old friend. I haven’t been able to find many other examples of basting points arranged this way to ID the maker. Any thoughts?
10.5” across, 3” deep, no heat ring, no number or letter markings.
A few more photos in comments 😊IMG_9702.jpegIMG_9697.jpegIMG_9696.jpegIMG_9692.jpeg

When we see basting nubs in a grid arrangement we typically think of Lodge, but not with the blank areas criss-crossing the middle. Another similar lid was posted here years ago, but there were artifacts of the middle nubs having been removed to create the cross, suggesting a copy from a Lodge lid. That doesn't appear to be the case with this one. Some have tried to claim Wagner, but more by hearsay than actual provenance. There are characteristics reminiscent of Wagner, but just not exactly enough. Odds are it's from some as-yet unknown foundry who based their patterns on parts from other makers. Also, with no markings on either piece here, we can't be certain they're a match rather than a marriage that just happened to fit together.

See: https://www.castironcollector.com/forum/threads/help-identifying-camp-stove.7392/post-45119

I did see that post, and yes, you’re right that there are no nubs on this one. Thanks for the feedback! I will enjoy having this as a one-of-a-kind artisan treasure 😊

Back