Squar Egg Skillet

KevinB

Always wanted one of these. I'm sure I over paid, but it will fit in with my other Square Egg pans. First is the new addition. Expensive, but prices in auctions these days are crazy. Second is a genuine one without the spelling error. Had it for years and got it cheap at an antique store. The third is one my wife bought for me at auction about 5-6 years ago when she thought she had lost my original one. Looks fake to me. And no, I never told her. It was less than $20 as I recall.

Attachments

• Squar Egg.jpg
    Squar Egg.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Real Egg.jpg
    Real Egg.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Fake Egg.jpg
    Fake Egg.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 17
The third one is Wagner making them unmarked. To me, the ghost marks make it as just as desirable as either of the other two. It's like you have a complete set of all variations.

Nice that ya got all the options.

I scored a Squar skillet pretty cheaply. I don't think the seller even knew that it was different. Or maybe he thought it was a fake.

Thanks for the info. That never occurred to me. It is the exact same size and shape as the others, but the casting quality is not up to par. The first picture is the outside of one of the edges. The second is the inside of the same edge. Looks like a casting void and not corrosion.

Attachments

• Egg Edge.jpg
    Egg Edge.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4
  • Egg Inside.jpg
    Egg Inside.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 4
Right. And the square egg pans are plentiful. The square fry pan is not.
I'd love to add it to my stash but now isn't the best time to spend stupidly...

Back