Yeti Cast Iron

It may be quality CI but it's too pricy for me. Quite frankly I don't think it is of any better quality than my BSR, Wagner, Lodge, or Griswold pans. It's just more expensive.

Too much $$$ for me. Plus, the hunt for the old stuff is part of the fun.

Anyone have the original prices for name brands? The BLS inflation calculator shows $200 now was worth about $15.63 in 1950.

I would like this as well. I have been digging around looking for books about cast iron for reference. I have come across a couple of pdfs, but it is more like history of the products.

If you want to buy new iron, you can get some really good pans without paying for the Yeti name.

When these first came to market, they sold out so fast that they couldn't be had for months. I guess some folks don't mind getting gouged.

They had a signature pan made for them by a foundry in Wisconsin named Butter Pat, selling price $400. Then they bought the foundry and started making Yeti CI.

As noted above, Yeti bought Butter Pat, so I suppose they're free to put their name on what they now own. Butter Pat's website acknowledges the Yeti buy out and no longer sells pans under the BP name. As long as it's still made to the previous standard and apparently at a somewhat lower price point, not sure what else needs to be said.

Back