Janin Won an Auction Continued...Pan by Pan...

This is a Lodge correct? Judging by the multiple charts on this sight it is a skillet that can also be used, according to the D as a Danish cake pan. I guess I just need a recipe for a Danish cake now.

From Cast Iron Collectors: How to identify unmarked cast iron

Wagner Manufacturing Co. - Sidney, OH

Unmarked Smooth Bottom Skillets

Size number incised on top of handle
Some earliest examples unmarked except for size number on handle; are IDed by other Wagner characteristics
Descriptive size at 6 o'clock, e.g. "6½ INCH SKILLET" or "5 QT." (absent on early examples)
"Made In USA" added mid-1960s, below description
After the acquisition of Griswold in 1959, pieces typically referred to as "unmarked Wagner" made in Sidney, Ohio were also sold under the "Griswold Early American" label
Lids have raised scallop-toothed concentric rings for basting drippers
Divided cornbread skillets have typical

IMG_2594.jpgIMG_2595.jpg
Not the best find in the world, but I do love the swirl in the middle. Are there any good websites about non-us cast iron? The internet is a hole these days and I couldn't find much.

IMG_2605.jpg
I have been cleaning this pan for a minute. All the rust is off except a bit in the middle that seems super adhered. If I keep soaking it regularly in vinegar, will those spots come up. Please no "use electrolysis" comments I know it is the best method, but it is not feasible right now and it is not what I need to see for an answer.

You might try a small handheld stainless steel wire brush with a spot of vinegar. I used to think brass as it's softer than the CI but folks here say it can imbed small pieces of brass but the stainless won't.

Attachments

• Wire Brush.jpeg
    Wire Brush.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1
The stainless brush with full strength vinegar might do the trick. DO NOT soak your pan in the vinegar but wash it off after scrubbing.

The stainless brush with full strength vinegar might do the trick. DO NOT soak your pan in the vinegar but wash it off after scrubbing.
I have been using a stainless steel brush, but not the full strength vinegar. I need longer gloves, its gotten on my hands.

"I also will have problem with it freezing no matter where I put it a heat source has yet to be added to our pole barn-garage. I also need to ensure my husbands projects, bugs, and mice do not add themselves to my mixture even if it is closed up."

It got really cold for a spell here in northeast Oklahoma last winter. A quick overnight freeze is not a problem. If all you use is washing soda and water and don't clean stainless steel, you can dump it on the ground without being an environmental terrrorist. Or so I've been told.
A floating stock tank heater may be enough to keep the E-tank from freezing. I have used them in SW Iowa to keep a 30-gallon plastic water tank from freezing.

A floating stock tank heater may be enough to keep the E-tank from freezing. I have used them in SW Iowa to keep a 30-gallon plastic water tank from freezing.
We need that in our stock tank though. ;)

Seriously though, my husband and I are putting a large cellar and I hope to put a set up there to prevent that. Right now, I have two totes set up at the entrance of my portion of the garage. There is not much room for them around my current car repairs and storing boxes for our house. We are getting there though.

Folks, this thread has become lacking in coherence and therefore difficult to follow as a focused discussion. I've moved some tangential questions to separate threads.

Hello Wagner 105.6 D. A weird thing happened as I cleaned this piece up. it was like a discolored patch on the bottom, so I worked on it thinking it was more rust. Now, if you look closely under the Wagner logo, there is a bit of a white patch. Any ideas about what it could be? Its still kind of there.

Back